Thursday, June 7

Third Stop: England

We took a train from Scotland into England. First, we stopped in Preston to see the LDS temple there. It’s a newer temple and looked really pretty!



Then we hopped back on the train and a few hours later, we were in London!


We went to Oxford, where we got to see Christ Church. {If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you might recognize it… as the Dining Hall!}



We also saw Shakespeare’s birthplace.


And we went to Warwick Castle.



And I pretended to shoot my imaginary bow and arrow from the castle turret… but just ended up looking like a big dork!


I don’t really know which King Henry was which, but the one that had six wives… I pretended to be his seventh…


And these were just proof that M and I are a perfect match for each other…



Then we hit up all the London tourist attractions… on a double-decker red bus!







We also got to cruise along the Thames.



I don’t particularly love tourist attractions but I’m glad we can say we saw the main sites. My favorite part of traveling is just seeing the lifestyles of the people, and I particularly loved seeing the silly street performers, like this guy that made five random guys dance to the 1978 classic YMCA…


We also got to see the houses M lived in while growing up in Southgate and even the soccer fields at his school.




But the best part of our visit to London occurred on our last day there… the Tottenham v. Fulham match!



It great because we won but also because there was such a fantastic atmosphere! M has always raved about how amazing English soccer fans but I never understood… until I experienced it for myself. It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment