Wednesday, June 27

Only 27 More To Go...

I had never stopped and thought about doing the math on 40 weeks {which is how long it takes to make a baby in your belly} until recently… and realized that 40 divided by 4 weeks in a month equals 10 months!! I don’t know where this “you’re pregnant for 9 months” rubbish came from!

Well, today is the first day of Week 13… which means there’s 27 more weeks. But when I realized that I’m pretty much 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy, I have to admit it’s gone so crazy fast!!

{Note: Dear friends who don’t care to read updates about the baby in my belly… it’s so exciting to me and this is my blog… you might just have to get used to it or stop reading my blog!}

Backtracking a bit {because I want to document things before memory becomes too scatterbrained}, I wanna talk about it from the beginning.

So here’s the story. I actually realized I was pregnant during the first weeks. It’s funny to say, but what tipped me off was the fact that my abs started feeling crazy sore for several days even though I hadn’t worked out at all. Then a few days after that, there were some of the other common factors you hear about such as my bra suddenly fitting much more snug and my sense of smell was suddenly waaaay sensitive!

After a couple weeks of this, we decided it was time to take “The Test.” M waited anxiously in the living room for me to come declare the results. There is a line that is supposed to appear if it’s positive, but when the line appeared for my test, it was really faint. So we were super excited but still a little nervous to be getting our hopes up just in case the faint line was a cruel trick. Luckily, I had a doctor appointment that I had scheduled months in advance only two days later. While I was there, I had them do a pregnancy test. And as we were hoping, it came back positive! The doctor calculated and figured I was right at the beginning of Week 5.

And then a few days later, we were hopping on a plane to travel Europe. But as our travelling began, so did my morning sickness. By the beginning of Week 6, I was feeling sick on and off all day long. From what I hear from other girls, I have been really lucky because Baby has been timid to just leave it as queasiness. I’ve been able to still travel, work, and do all the things I needed to… just with an upset stomach.

While we were on our trip, I had symptoms that made me worry a little bit about things were going. I had my first prenatal checkup the week after we got back, which was Week 8. The doctor did an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay, and getting to see our baby for the first time made my heart melt! I looked over at M as the image was up on the screen, and he had the biggest grin on his face. We love our Baby!

{During the ultrasound, they said Baby was the size of a cinnamon bear. So cute!}

I haven’t had any cravings but I have had one really strange food aversion – chocolate sounds disgusting! I’ve been a chocoholic for as long as I can remember, and yet for the past couple of months, the thought of a chocolate bar makes my stomach turn.

Now, I’m at Week 13. There are two awesome things that are happening right now. The first is a drastic lack of queasiness! It’s so nice eating and not feeling nauseated 20 minutes later! Secondly, I’m starting to feel flutterings in my stomach! I’ve heard people try to explain what it feels like before and now I understand. There’s no way to really describe it! It’s just like a little tickling feeling in my tummy that I have no control over. It’s adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment