Several years back, a friend shared that she sets a theme each year to help keep her overall goal in mind. I want to try setting a theme for my year and have my specific resolutions help me achieve that theme into my life. Confession time: more and more over the past couple years, I have felt tired, overwhelmed, worn out, and frequently just plain bummed out. I need to make some changes to get my mind and body strong and healthy again, so my theme for 2018 will be “Healthy.”
Although I struggle with incorporating big changes, I still like to set goals and try my best to become better. Accountability is key, so I'm putting these out there so I have to stick with them!
- Cut out all soda from my diet. For those who know me, my bubbly drink is truly part of my identity and I almost always have one with me. Keep me accountable! If you catch me with one in 2018, I owe you $5.
- Drink 80 oz of water each day. That's right, my Hydroflask will become my new accessory and identity instead of the soda!
- Take my vitamins more consistently. Yay for nutrients my body needs and probably misses.
- Exercise 5 days/week. Ugh, I hate working out so this one is gonna be hard!
- Track my meals and snacks in an app, and no more snacking after 9 pm.
- Limit my screen time to 90 minutes or less each day. This includes scrolling social media on my phone, watching Netflix, etc.
- Write at least 3 things I'm grateful for each day. I want to do this on Instagram, but it might be more realistically be pictureless and written sloppily in my bedside journal right before falling asleep.
- Do something nice for my family every day. On purpose.