Sunday, September 28

Baby E's Blessing Weekend

Today was Baby E's blessing at our church. We go to church at 9 am and it was such a chaotic morning! A woke up early and super cranky, which woke E up early too. Both kids were crying throughout the morning while M and I were rushing around to get everyone ready plus tidy the house for visitors after church. We barely made it into the chapel on time for the meeting to start and A was literally screaming and had to go outside with his grandma. E was refusing her bottle and gagging, which had been my plan to have her content and not crying for the blessing. It seriously was the worst morning we've had in a long time—and on such an important day!

But then as M walked up to the front of the chapel with E and the other men who would be helping with her blessing, it was suddenly peaceful. I was amazed! My dad said that E smiled up at him and then just stared at the lights during the whole blessing. It was such a beautiful and peaceful moment!

M gave Baby E her blessing and it was absolutely lovely. I am so grateful to be married to a man who is worthy and takes his priesthood responsibilities seriously. He spent time over the weekend to ponder and focus to be prepared to give the blessing. He is such a good example to me and to our kids! I hope E can one day marry a man as amazing as her dad.



We chose to keep the event to just mine and M's immediate families. I was so grateful to everyone for making the time to share and celebrate E's big day with us.


My little sister wasn't able to be here with us because she is serving an LDS mission. Before she left, I asked if I could have a white skirt of hers and decided it would be fun if I made it into E's blessing dress. It was so special to me every time I looked at my beautiful daughter in a dress that kept a piece of my sister here with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment