Thursday, July 10

Today Is The Day!

I have been feeling great {well, as great as a 9-month pregnant blimp in the summertime heat can feel...} and was 99.9% certain that I wouldn't be going into labor before the evening of the 15th, which is when the hospital had already so kindly booked a room for me to be induced.

But this morning, I woke up at 4 am with some discomfort. I assumed it must be Braxton Hicks contractions and kept trying to fall back asleep before another one would wake me up about twenty minutes later. Because I had been induced with A and got my epidural fairly early on, I realized that I don't really know what labor feels like! So I started getting nervous and told M when he left for work to keep his phone on, just in case.

Thanks to Google, I found some pretty good descriptions of what to watch for with labor and how to know if it was false labor or the real deal... but I was still so unsure and didn't want to drag M out of work and get A a babysitter just to be told it was a false alarm and have the hospital send me home. So I kept trying to wait it out.

Around 8:30 am, the contractions were 10 minutes apart like clockwork. Near tears, I called my sister-in-law and my mom to ask what they thought I should do... they both told me I should go to the hospital!

I kept debating and finally at 9:30 am, I put A down for a morning nap and called M to tell him I was probably in labor and that he should come home.

He rushed home and we grabbed a few things for us at the hospital and for A with babysitters, got A up from his nap and dropped him off at my sister-in-law's house, and then rushed off to the hospital.


We got here just before 11:00 am and I tried to act really calm when I checked into Labor and Delivery {but I'm pretty sure I looked like a total wimp trying to act nonchalant even though I couldn't breathe very well during the contractions...} and they brought me into the room and hooked up monitors to check the contractions and heart rates.

And guess what?! They didn't send me home. I reckon that means now it's time to have a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment