Friday, July 10

Happy 1st Birthday E!!!

I can't believe this little sweetheart is ONE! Time has flown by way too quickly. It seems crazy that it has already been a year that we were holding our precious baby girl for the first time!


This lucky little doll got to spread the parties out over an entire week to celebrate!


We celebrated together with our little family on her actual birthday. Her day was themed Pretty Purple Polkadots. I made some decorations and we had polka-dotted cupcakes as well as her very own cake.






She loved that she had her own cake... but hardly ate anything and just enjoyed making a mess with all that frosting!

The next day, we had a family party with all of M's people. It was so fun for E to have her cousins to play with and celebrate her day. I felt guilty that we didn't have a huge friend party for her like we did for A... but whenever I thought about who to invite, I realized her very best friend is her big brother and her two other favorite friends are her cousins. So having a family party was exactly what she would enjoy! {Of course, her BFF assumed that meant he got to help her open every single present... even though it was things like fingernail polish and jeweled sunglasses!}


The kids had a blast playing together! It especially makes me happy seeing how E has such a great and adoring relationship with her big brother.


Unfortunately, my paternal grandma passed away a few days before E's first birthday. My family was able to come celebrate with E a few days after her birthday due to funeral arrangements—but we were happy to have them whenever they could! It was especially fun because my dad's birthday is only a few days after E's... which means we celebrated their days together with him on his actual birthday! He loves being a grandpa and it's fun to watch him with my kids so it seemed like a perfect way to have the parties!





I know this little girl helped to heal her grandpa's heart at least a little bit after just losing his mom. She is a sweetheart and has been such a great part of our family. I love this little lady so much and hope she had the greatest birthday a one-year-old could ever ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment