Thursday, March 6

Amy's Mission Call

I'm not sure I'm ready to share her with the rest of the world yet {yeah, I'm a little selfish!} but I'm so proud of this lady! She is going to be an amazing missionary for our church!!


I've been so excited for her to get her call for several weeks now. She is one of my dearest friends and greatest examples in my life. As I have watched her grow up, she constantly amazes me. She is beautiful and tons of fun to be around, yet she has always made mature choices and stayed strong in what she believes.

When she told me her mission call was in the mailbox at our parents' house, I pretty much flew out of the house, threw A in the car, and we hit the road to Idaho! M had some commitments with work that he couldn't leave, so he wasn't able to come with us.


A was a sweetheart and slept part of the way {car naps are a rare occurrence for him lately!} so we were able to have a pretty smooth drive despite not having M to keep him company.


As soon as we arrived at my parents' house, Amy couldn't wait any longer! She wanted to keep it small and opened her call with just the immediate family. It was neat for me to have the chance to share that moment with her!


She will be serving in Louisville, Kentucky and speaking Spanish! She leaves at the end of June.

I am so excited for her! I am proud of her and know that her decision to serve is exactly what she is supposed to be doing with her life right now. I will miss her terribly, especially because she will be leaving only a couple of weeks before my baby girl is due. But I am extremely happy for her at the same time!

A and I were able to stay for three days. We definitely missed M a lot {A was so cute when we would FaceTime M each night before bed}! But it was also therapeutic for me to be able to spend the quality time with my family, especially my dad and Amy. At the end of January, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and this was the first time I was able to see him since the diagnosis. So between having Amy leaving for 18 months and having my dad going through his treatment, plus add in my crazy pregnancy hormones, I have felt pretty emotional and homesick lately! It was so amazing to be able to spend the time with them and watch A bond with my family.






No comments:

Post a Comment