Wednesday, December 21

The Most Tragic Day Of My Life

Tragedy struck today. At approximately 45 miles per hour.


This is our Izzy. Our adorable Nissan Rogue. I was in a left-turn lane after the protected green arrow changed to the unprotected green, and was pulled forward in the intersection waiting for a big enough gap in the traffic that I could turn. But the traffic never gapped and my light turned yellow and then red. The oncoming traffic was slowing and I began to turn so that I could get out of the intersection. As I turned, a car in the oncoming traffic decided to run the red – slamming into Izzy’s passenger side, rolling her over, engaging her airbags and destroying our amazing car.

I was trapped and they had to pry the door open to get me out. I was completely unhurt. Izzy sacrificed herself and kept me perfectly safe. But my heart is breaking for our cute little Izzy. There has been a lot of crying tonight. Even though she was a car, she really meant a lot to me. I swear she even had a personality. I will miss her SO much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment