Sunday, May 12

My First Mother's Day

I love being a mom. I have the cutest baby in the world and I am so grateful to him for officially introducing me to the world of mommyhood.


I love this munchkin and feel so lucky for the opportunity I have to be his mommy.

It was fun having a day to be pampered for being a mom but I couldn't help but feel that I'm so new to all this! And that the day shouldn't be for me but rather just for the well-practiced mothers who have been wonderful examples to me throughout my life.

Particularly my own momma.


I love my mom so much and hope that I can even a portion of as great of a mom for Baby A as she has been for me and my siblings. Her whole world has revolved around her five kids since the day they came into the world. She is so unselfish and caring. She is an amazing example of quiet service to all those around her in need. She has a million friends and everyone loves her because she is so kind and a true friend. She is my hero and I hope I can be a mom like her!

Today also made me extremely grateful for the daddy and baby who complete me being a mommy! My boys were so sweet to me. M brought me breakfast in bed {which was adorable because I don't really like breakfast but he managed to make a tray of food that I would enjoy!} and gifts. He also teamed up with Baby A to give me the cutest massive card ever.



Gosh, I love my boys!

I know that this is a holiday that is heart-wrenching for so many women who would love the opportunity to be a mom but have not been able to due to a spectrum of reasons. I truly believe it takes a village to raise a child and I am so grateful for all the women who love my baby and nurture him and me as if we were part of their own family.

Wow, this is a holiday that makes me really, really grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And I love that baby A is giving you a card like 4 times his side haha.

    ReplyDelete