Friday, December 28

Today Is The Day!

Today started out like an ordinary enough day. I was feeling well enough to do things like shovel the driveway and clean up the house. And then I went to my 39-week checkup at the doctor this afternoon thinking it'd be no big deal.

Last week, they did a routine ultrasound and said everything looked great but noticed the fluid levels around the baby were just a bit low. Nothing really worrisome; they just recommended drinking lots of water. Despite guzzling enough to fill a small lake, when they checked again today, the levels had dropped enough that the doctor decided the best choice would be to get the baby here - a.k.a. go to the hospital to be induced. It's time to have a baby!!

{This photo cracks me up because I look happy, but in reality, I'd been bawling all day. Apparently iPhones are so amazing that they can even get rid of puffy red eyes!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment